Want to work for us? tfcl is looking for a content creator with a passion for media and community connection who is interested in joining a fast-paced digital content team. To be successful in this position, the candidate needs to be familiar with basic journalism and/or English and social media practices along with a deep love for East Texas.
Writing and Publishing:
- Write and develop a variety of content to support communications and marketing efforts including articles, social posts, website copy, and press releases.
- Maintain relationships with contributing authors as well as consistently editing and publishing their work while also seeking out new writers.
- Develop and maintain strong community relationships.
- Stay informed on current local, social media, and industry trends.
Brand Management Responsibilities:
- Write and publish content that aligns with the company’s brand and personality.
- Create and pitch campaigns and content to superiors that meet brand guidelines and project needs.
- Work with the content team, creative director, and graphic designers to execute PR and marketing campaigns.
- Manage projects from inception to execution and analysis.
- Monitor and analyze all components of campaigns, media, and engagement, and adjust accordingly.
- Proactively solve problems. To succeed in this role, you cannot expect to be told what to do every day. You must be willing to think through challenges, problems, and questions to meet the needs of clients and brands.
- Journalism, marketing, or public relations experience is preferred, but not required
- Passion for storytelling and East Texas
- Basic understanding of journalism and/or English as well as a knowledge of branding
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong command of English grammar, editing, and writing rules
- Basic knowledge of written and visual communication trends
- Familiarity with basic graphic design and photography principles (experience with Adobe, Canva, or other design platforms preferred, but not required)
- Ability to research quickly and efficiently
- High degree of flexibility and problem solving
- Basic social media skills (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, etc.)
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Strong community focus
- Able to give and receive constructive feedback
- Live in or near the Lufkin, Texas area (this is not a remote position)
- Must be able to pass a background check
*If you don’t meet all these requirements but have a strong passion for East Texas and love helping clients develop their brands through content development, we welcome you to apply.