Crews will set barricades this week in various locations throughout the Lufkin District as sealcoating operations are expected to begin by June 2, weather permitting.
Roads that are scheduled for sealcoat this year include:
- Angelina County: FM 325 from BU 59/Timberland Drive to the end of state maintenance; FM 1669 from SH 103 to just west of FM 2109; SH 63 from US 69 to the Jasper County line.
- Nacogdoches County: FM 95 from US 59 to SH 7; FM 226 from SH 21 to SH 103.
- Sabine County: FM 83 from SH 87 to end of state maintenance; FM 83 from FM 1 to SH 87.
- San Augustine County: FM 1751 from US96 to FM 83; FM 1751 from FM 83 to end of pavement; FM 1279 from SH 147 to the Shelby County line.
- Shelby County: FM 139 from SH 7 to FM 2694; FM 138 from FM 1645 to US 96; FM 417 from US 96 to SH 87; FM 1279 from the San Augustine County line to SH 87.
- Houston County: US 287 from the Anderson County line to the Grapeland city limits; FM 2022 from the Anderson County line to FM 2423; FM 2712 from SL 304 to the end of pavement.
- Trinity County: FM 357 from FM 357/FM 233 to SH 94; FM 357 from the Houston County line to FM 357/FM 233; FM 357 from SH 94 to FM 2262; FM 3453 from SH 19 to the end of pavement.
- Polk County: FM 350 from US 59 to 2.6 miles north of FM 3152; FM 350 from 2.6 miles north FM 3152 to US 190; FM 3277 from FM 2457 to FM 3126.
- San Jacinto County: SL 424 from US 59 North to US 59 South; FM 2914 from US 59 to end of state maintenance.
As this project begins, motorists are urged to remember this is a moving operation. There will be signs, barricades, and traffic control in place. Reduce speed and obey all traffic control. Stay alert for workers near the lane of traffic and moving equipment throughout the work zone.
For more information, contact Rhonda.Oaks@txdot.gov or call (936) 633-4395.