Having the perfect dinner can change someone’s whole mood in an instant. It can be hard to cook though, the preparation, stirring, and baking can be exhausting. So I have found the perfect, easy, 3-course meal that almost anyone can do.
White queso and chips are the perfect appetizer for any occasion, but how do you make it? Any great meal has an appetizer, so why shouldn’t homemade meals have an appetizer too!
- a block of white Velveeta cheese
- 1 can of Rotel
- cut the block of Velveeta into small cubes and put them into a medium size bowl
- pour 3/4 cup of milk into the bowl with the Velveeta
- pour a small can of Rotel into the bowl and stir it all together
- microwave for 5 minutes or until creamy stirring every minute or so
I love tacos because of how customizable they are. Whether you are eating with a picky eater, or you are the picky one, you can put whatever you want on your taco. This is perfect to go with your chips and queso. First, you want to start with the meat, it can be grilled chicken, ground beef, or even steak. Once the meat is cooked, set out all your add-ons such as shredded cheese, guacamole, queso, sour cream, onions, tomatoes, and many more.
To top off your perfect dinner, you’ll need a perfect dessert. Tres Leches Cake is a signature Mexican dessert that is so delicious, and goes great with any meal! This dessert is a little more complex to make than most desserts, but is so worth it in the end!
What you need:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Farenhieght (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- Mix flour and baking powder together and set aside.
- Beat sugar and butter together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the sugar and beat well.
- Add flour mixture to the sugar and eggs about 1/2 cup at a time, mixing until well blended.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
- Pierce the cake all over with a fork and let it cool to room temperature.
- Mix whole milk, condensed milk, and evaporated milk together in a bowl;
- Pour over the top of the cooled cake and allow to soak in.
- Whip cream, remaining 1 cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon vanilla in a chilled glass or metal bowl with an electric mixer until thick.
- Spread over the top of the filling. Keep cake refrigerated until serving.
This is the perfect meal for any occasion, whether it’s with friends or with family. Surprise your family or a special someone with a special homemade dinner this month, to show your love to them!