LUFKIN – A pre-construction meeting was held at the Lufkin District Office on Tuesday signaling the beginning of a new construction project. Crews are setting barricades and signage that will include roadway resurfacing in several district locations. Work is expected to begin August 29 with completion for this project set for May 2024, weather permitting.
More Brothers Construction, Lufkin, will serve as contractor for the $9.3 million project. Crews will begin the resurfacing project on SH 7 from Ratcliff to the city of Kennard in Houston County and will progress to these project locations:
- BU 59 from US 59 North to FM 1988 in Polk County
- US 69 North from SH 7 to SL 287 in Angelina County
- SH 103 from State Spur 339 to just south of US 69 North in Angelina County
- SS 339 from SL 287 in Lufkin to SH 94 in Angelina County
- SL 287 from US 59 to SH 94 in Angelina County
- SL 287 from SH 94 to SH 103 in Angelina County
As this project progresses from one location to the next, signage and barricades will be set. Motorists should stay alert to the work zone speed limit and reduce speed, obey all traffic controls, prepare for delays, or choose alternate routes.
For more information, contact Rhonda.Oaks@txdot.gov or call (936) 633-4395.