It’s that beautiful time of year.
Twinkling lights, candy canes, Christmas trees, and little angels fresh out of school for holiday break.
The nights are longer now and its gotten a little (okay, a LOT) cooler here in the Pineywoods of deep east Texas. With visions of tantrums and endless questions dancing in their minds, parents of children in our twelve counties may be asking themselves, “What do we do now?”
We’ve put together a list of events and activities from around the area that may be able to help alleviate a little of that stress while giving you time to reconnect with your family and create new holiday memories.
- Kurth Memorial Library is offering craft and story times for children (and adults) of all ages. You can check out their calendar here for dates and times. There’s even an adult crafternoon!
- Hudson Trail of Lights is open Fridays, Saturdays, and some Sundays now through Christmas. Its free and donations help support the Hudson volunteer fire department. Grab the hot chocolate for this one and set Spotify to Christmas tunes for this one!
- Ice Skating in the Pines is happening now through Jan. 8 in the Angelina Room at the Pitser Garrison Convention Center. The 45-minute sessions begin at 5pm and doors close at 10pm. Check out their web page to book your session, find out important information, and when you and your kiddos can get pictures with Santa.
- Catch the drive-thru Nativity this weekend at First Christian Church. Carolers, Santa, and the story of the birth of Jesus will be on display from 6-8pm on Dec. 17 and admission is free.
- The Lamp-Lite Theater is presenting ‘A Christmas Special’ on Dec. 16 and again on the 17th with a special guest from Santa AND Mrs. Claus. You can find show times and ticket prices on their website.
- Want dinner with Santa and Mrs. Claus? Join them from 6-8pm at Peking Restaurant in Nacogdoches on Dec. 16. You can find more information here.
- Livingston First United Methodist will perform A Texas Christmas Carol Dec. 16, 17, and 18. Doors open at 6:30pm on the 16th and 17th, and at 3pm on the 18th. You can find out more information on their web page.
Know of an event not listed above? Reach out to us at email@example.com and let us know! We’d love to add it to our list.