During these difficult times, when the world seems so scary and unpredictable, everyone is trying so hard to find something safe. Something familiar. Something that reminds them of a time when things were more simple. For many people, that can be found in the most elementary of meals.
For myself, that particular meal is frito pie. It’s quick, it’s easy, and is one of the most delicious comfort foods. Without further ado, let’s get to the good stuff.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 20 ounces of Ranch Style beans
- 4 cups of Fritos
- 20 ounces of enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the ground beef and onions for 6-8 minutes in a skillet on medium heat
- Put the meat in a 9×13 inch pan
- Layer the beans, chips, enchilada sauce, and cheese
- Bake for 20 minutes and then serve!
Remember the good times, remember the innocent times, but most of all, enjoy this tasty cuisine with your family and friends.