Living the Fit Life: Lionheart Krav Maga and Fitness

I’ll start this article with a disclaimer. Lionheart rocks. Period. The end. I must confess, I own a small portion of this gym, but love it like it’s 100 percent all mine. It’s my home...

AC Visual Arts Exhibition Opening March 28

Angelina College’s visual arts students will present their work in an exhibition running from March 28 through April 11 in the Angelina Center for the Arts gallery. An opening reception is planned for March...

Raising a Hog for the County Fair

Garrett Price is raising a hog for his first time this year.  He’s raising it for competition at the Angelina County Fair in just over a month.   Garrett Price is 13 and in the...

3 Ways to Give Back During National Volunteer Month

April, which is National Volunteer Month, is an excellent time to get involved in your community. Here are three ways to give back, depending on how much time you can commit. One Afternoon If life is complicated,...

Cmr. George P. Bush Announces Donation of Exceptionally Rare Map to Texas GLO

Texas Land Commissioner George P. Bush is proud to announce an exceptionally rare Stephen F. Austin map of Texas has been donated to the Texas General Land Office by Thomas B. and Marsha Brown...

Final Traffic Patterns Seen on US 59 in Nacogdoches

Motorists will see delays for the next two to three weeks as contractors prepare to place the final hot mix surface on US 59 at SL 224 in Nacogdoches. Both northbound and southbound traffic...

Registered Dietitians Recognized at CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial

As experts in food and nutrition, Registered Dietitians are committed to improving the health of their patients, clients and communities. CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Lufkin recently recognized its team on National Registered Dietitian Nutritionist Day...

How Digital Technologies Can Help Students Learn

Did you know that advanced digital technologies can help grade school and high school students become better prepared for college and careers? From interactive platforms and applications to high-tech hardware, digital learning is empowering educators...

Shopping Local Can Benefit You and Your Community

If you have home improvement plans this spring, it’s important to consider where you will be doing your shopping. For many people, the first stores to come to mind are big box retailers because...

Blueberry Bluegrass Concert to Kick Off Texas Blueberry Festival

The Texas Blueberry Festival kicks off Friday night with the Blueberry Bluegrass Concert in the Park, from 6 to 10 p.m. June 9 at Festival Plaza in downtown Nacogdoches. Rex Perry Autoplex is sponsoring the...