Flowers and chocolates are always fun to give and receive on Valentine’s Day, but if you are looking to shake things up with your gift-giving, there are plenty of ways to tell someone you love them.
Here are unique gift ideas to really wow that special someone.
• Go Somewhere: Whether it’s a pair of concert tickets, a long weekend to an exciting destination or dinner on the town, the gift of an experience, particularly one that allows you to spend time together doing something new and different, can be both meaningful and memorable.
• Give the Gift of Music: Are you shopping for a musician or someone who would like to learn to play an instrument? Wherever that someone is on his or her musical journey, and no matter your budget, you shouldn’t have to compromise on quality to make Valentine’s Day special. New keyboard models, for example, are making it possible to get great sound quality at a modest price. One example is the CT-X700, which comes equipped with tools for learning to play songs, and faithfully reproduces the sound of acoustic instruments such as guitars, drums, basses, brass, wind instruments, string ensembles and more. Its extensive library of 600 tones and 195 rhythms, allows musicians to create their own masterpieces and is nice for budding and seasoned musicians alike.
• Cook Together: Beat the crowds and surge pricing — make a romantic playlist, plan a delicious menu and select a great bottle of wine or other beverage of choice for a fine dining Valentine’s Day experience in your own home.
• Upgrade Home Technology: Instantaneously upgrade his or her home theater or gaming system with a projector. Look for a model that offers instant on and off functionality so there’s no down time before getting started. The LampFree XJ-F210WN from Casio, a mercury-free model, has a high power 16-watt speaker and a long operating life, making it a good choice for serious movie enthusiasts, gear heads and gamers who prefer a low maintenance option.
• Personalize It: Use a photo of a beloved pet, the lyrics of a favorite song or a picture of the two of you to personalize a special gift. From jigsaw puzzles to throw blankets to tumblers and cutting boards, you can personalize just about anything these days with photos, monograms, sayings and more.
This Valentine’s Day, get creative with your gift-giving. Select items that support your recipient’s hobbies and offer you an opportunity to spend time together.