The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service is hosting public meetings around East Texas regarding the Texas Forest Plan Revisions. These meetings will take community concerns and issues about forests and grasslands.
“East Texas has prospered due to the booming economy created by the forest industry. We understand that anything that affects our forests impacts our communities. I ask Texans to weigh in on these public hearings that affect our district,” State Representative James White said.
Public hearings will be held from 6-8 p.m. in the following locations:
April 5, 2017
Davy Crockett Ranger Station
18551 State Hwy. 7 East
April 6, 2017
Pitser Garrison Convention Center
601 N. Second St.
A fillable questionnaire can be downloaded, filled out, and returned at texasplanrev.fed.us or mailed to:
National Forests and Grasslands in Texas Legislative Council
Attn: Forest Plan Revision
2221 N. Raguet Street
Lufkin, TX 75904
For more questions regarding House Bill 1911, please contact Rep. White’s Capitol office at (512) 463-0490.
- Megan Whitworth is the former creative director of Texas Forest Country Living. Growing up in East Texas, Megan discovered her love of writing at the age of 11, writing song lyrics and poetry, which turned into essays and articles for publications around East Texas. She later added photography into the mix capturing Friday night football games, the latest fashion looks, and portraits of people around the nation. Megan enjoys karaoke, blogging, reading, and road trips. She resides in Lufkin with her husband, Ryan, and two cats, Felix and Lucy.
- Community2017.04.03Transportation Commission Approves New Projects
- Community2017.04.03Lufkin District Projects Included in Long Range Plan
- Education2017.04.03Top Tips for Understanding and Paying Back Your Student Loans
- Education2017.04.03National Retirement Planning Week: Help Meet Your Retirement Income Goals