LUFKIN – A pre-construction meeting was held Wednesday at the Lufkin District Area Office, signaling the beginning of a new construction project on US 59 South, between Lufkin and Diboll.
The work will consist of resurfacing US 59 South in Angelina County from FM 3482/Whitehouse Drive to 1.1 mile north of FM 1818. This project is designed to plane the existing pavement, apply a hot mix level up course, followed by a final permeable friction course that will repel water and reduce surface noise.
Moore Brothers Construction, Lufkin, will serve as contractor for the $8.3 million construction project that is scheduled to begin on June 26 and be completed by May, 2019, weather permitting. Crews are scheduled to begin setting barricades on Thursday and Friday.
North and southbound lanes of US 59 are included in this project, with some of the work scheduled to be done at night. Motorists should prepare for single lanes of traffic through the work area. Reduce speed and obey all traffic control devices. It is illegal to drive around a TxDOT barricade, cones or barrels. Stay alert to moving equipment and workers near the lanes of traffic as this project progresses.
For more information, contact Rhonda.Oaks@txdot.gov or (936) 633-4395.
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Events2018.07.17Mark Your Calendar for Power of Pink!
- Education2018.07.16Angelina College Receives Donation from Georgia-Pacific
- Health2018.07.16CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Volunteer Auxiliary Donates Valuable Equipment
- General2018.07.16Georgia-Pacific Employees Collect Shoes for Needy Angelina County Students