Adult Lecture Series
The Texas Forestry Museum will hold its third adult lecture on Monday, October 9th at 6 pm. Come learn about edible plants from Caddo Mounds State Historic Site’s Rachel Galan. She will discuss how the edible plants were used and how to identify them. This event is free to the public. If you would like to attend please RSVP at (936) 632-9535 by Friday, October 6th.
Historic Sites Tour
Come take a trip with the museum’s staff! We will visit locations of historic Lufkin photos so you can see and learn how things have changed. The historic sites tour will take place on Saturday, October 14th from 10 am – Noon. Attendees will see Lufkin’s downtown historic sites and two former sawmill locations. The tour costs $35 and museum members will receive a $10 discount. There is limited availability and pre-registration is necessary. Pick up registration forms at the Texas Forestry Museum and the last day to register will be Friday, October 13th.
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Events2018.06.18Wildlife on the Move: The Unhuggables at the Public Library
- General2018.06.12Georgia-Pacific’s Corrigan Plywood Facility is Home to Some of the First Robots in Wood Manufacturing Industry
- Events2018.06.07Dance Party Kids Program at the Library
- Events2018.06.06ReadSquared Online Reading Tracking System at the Library