The Coalition, Inc. has partnered with the Angelina County Sheriff’s Department in an effort to prevent and reduce the harmful use of tobacco products in rural areas like East Texas, where tobacco-related health problems are more prevalent.
Over the summer, the Angelina County Sheriff’s Department targeted area businesses that sell tobacco. Out of the 96 businesses involved in the minor sting operation, only 4 sold tobacco products, including e-cigarettes, to minors.
The businesses that sold tobacco products to minors include:
· Lucky’s on 1707 N. John Reddit Drive in Lufkin;
· Big’s 3806 on 1902 W. Frank Avenue in Lufkin;
· Big’s 3822 on 3644 US Hwy 69 N. in Lufkin;
· 7 Star Food Mart on 811 Kurth Drive in Lufkin.
We would like to commend those businesses who did not sell tobacco products to minors in our community. The Coalition and the Angelina County Sheriff’s Department thank all of these stores for protecting the youth of Angelina County from the dangers of tobacco and nicotine. For a complete list of those businesses that were under compliance please visit The Coalition’s Facebook page @thecoalition936 or you can contact The Coalition at (936) 634-9308 for more information.
Effective Sept. 1, 2019, the 86th Legislature passed Senate Bill 21, which increased the legal age for a person from 18 to 21 for the sale, distribution, possession, purchase, consumption or receipt of cigarettes, e-cigarettes or tobacco products. Visit comptroller.texas.gov for more information.
- Health2019.12.10Take Action to Prevent the Flu
- Business2019.12.09DETCOG Opens New Regional Headquarters in Lufkin
- Arts & Culture2019.12.03RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER LANDS IN LUFKIN
- General2019.11.13AC Teams Earn Home Sweep of Southern-Shreveport, LSC-Kingwood Offenses Click for Both Women and Men