Want to update and improve yourself? A few top-to-bottom tweaks can help you look and feel your best.
Staples and basics don’t need to change with the seasons, however it’s important to update these elements when they’re worn out, no longer fit, or are simply outdated. Evaluate your shoes, bags, jackets with these criteria in mind and replace any items as needed.
If there are items that you love that are in disrepair but you can’t imagine parting with, take this opportunity to re-sole and shine those shoes and replace that lost button. You’ll improve these items’ usefulness and breathe new life into them. You’ll also look more put together once these items are refurbished.
Refreshing your look doesn’t necessarily mean going ultra-modern. Sometimes a vintage look can make a bigger statement. Accessorize with a timepiece that is elegant, classic and will never go out of style. It will serve as a nice complement to any outfit, whether you’re headed to work or going to a party. To combine style with precision, consider the A168WG-9VT from the Casio Vintage Collection, which has a sleek gold colored band and a digital display.
A new haircut can do wonders. Even if you’re growing your hair long, a trim can make you look polished and groomed. Not only that, it eliminates split ends and keeps hair healthy. For extra edge, men may want to consider indulging in a professional shave while they are at the barber.
Take a cue from the color experts and add a few items to your wardrobe with Pantone’s Color of the Year for 2017, “Greenery.” A yellow-green hue evocative of spring, this color can add a bright element to your look and is totally on-trend.
By looking back and looking ahead, you can get inspired to update your look.
- Megan Whitworth is the former creative director of Texas Forest Country Living. Growing up in East Texas, Megan discovered her love of writing at the age of 11, writing song lyrics and poetry, which turned into essays and articles for publications around East Texas. She later added photography into the mix capturing Friday night football games, the latest fashion looks, and portraits of people around the nation. Megan enjoys karaoke, blogging, reading, and road trips. She resides in Lufkin with her husband, Ryan, and two cats, Felix and Lucy.
- Community2017.04.03Transportation Commission Approves New Projects
- Community2017.04.03Lufkin District Projects Included in Long Range Plan
- Education2017.04.03Top Tips for Understanding and Paying Back Your Student Loans
- Education2017.04.03National Retirement Planning Week: Help Meet Your Retirement Income Goals