On behalf of the 170,000 Texans in Hardin, Jasper, Newton, Polk, and Tyler counties, I offer heartfelt condolences to the family and friends of Mike Hamilton.
As a small business owner and public servant, Mike Hamilton was a champion for Southeast Texas. His election to the Texas House of Representatives was the tip of the spear for the conservative movement in Southeast Texas. As a member of the Texas Legislature, Mike fought for Southeast Texas values and mentored many of his colleagues.
I am confident that Mike is with our Savior Jesus Christ and that our Lord Jesus continues to comfort and strengthen his family and friends during this period of reflection.
For God and Texas,
James White State Representative House District 19
- James White is a Texas State Representative for Hardin, Jasper, Newton, Polk, and Tyler counties. He graduated with a doctorate in political science from the University of Houston. White served in the U.S. Army and worked as a public school educator and coach before being elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 2010. During his time as a Representative, White has worked on issues such as taxes, school funding, mental health, and more. He maintains a cattle ranch in Tyler County, attends Hillister Baptist Church, and is a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, and the Texas Farm Bureau.
- Community2019.11.08The Honorable Mike Hamilton’s Legacy of Service to Southeast Texas
- Government2019.10.28Chairman James White and Nurse-Family Partnership to Host Town Hall Meeting on Women’s Health in Southeast Texas
- Government2019.07.19State Representative James White Offers Opportunity for Students to Apply for the Texas Armed Services Scholarship
- Government2019.05.28Texas House Passes Legislation Supporting Texas Peace Officers, Protecting the Preborn, and Strengthening Women’s Health