LUFKIN, TX. The Angelina Arts Alliance is proud to present The 5 Browns on Thursday, April 12, at the Temple Theater on the Angelina College Campus. The show begins at 7:30 p.m.
The 5 Browns are delivering on their dream to wake up classical music by introducing it to the widest, largest and most excited audience they can find. Whether performing individually or together in various combinations from duo to complex five-piano arrangements, The 5 Browns reveal a deep connection to the intent of their material while bringing a fresh energy and dynamic character to the color and tonal spectrum of their sound.
The 5 Browns – Ryan, Melody, Gregory, Deondra and Desirae – all attended New York’s Juilliard School. In fact, they became the first family of five siblings ever accepted simultaneously. The quintet enjoyed their first wave of critical attention in February 2002 when People magazine dubbed them the “Fab Five” at about the same time they were featured on Oprah and 60 Minutes. The 5 Browns have released 3 CDs that each went to #1 on Billboard Magazine’s Classical Album Chart. The New York Post has proclaimed: “One family, five pianos and 50 fingers add up to the biggest classical music sensation in years…When these kids do Rachmaninoff, they’ll make you forget about Marshall amps.” The quintet has garnered extensive coverage from media outlets ranging from The Tonight Show, Good Morning America, The Today Show, and The View, to CNN, Fox and Friends, Public Radio’s Performance Today, as well as The New York Times, Parade, People, the Los Angeles Times, the Sunday London Telegraph and Entertainment Weekly.
“The Angelina Arts Alliance strives to bring the best in touring entertainment to Lufkin! It’s how we fulfill our mission to enrich, entertain and educate by presenting and promoting the performing arts. Don’t miss this show!” said Jennifer Allen, Executive Director of the Angelina Arts Alliance.
For more information and to purchase tickets visit the Temple Theater Box Office on the Angelina College Lufkin campus, Monday through Friday 11 am – 5 pm or call (936) 633-5454, or go online at www.angelinaarts.org. Details and video clips for this performance and the entire new season are on the Arts Alliance website. Follow Angelina Arts Alliance on Facebook for late-breaking news, photos, videos and ticket giveaways.
Angelina College offers FREE RUSH tickets to every AC student (with a valid student ID) for all Performing Arts Series performances this season. Students may obtain their free tickets by arriving at the box office no earlier than one hour before show time. All AC Faculty and Staff receive a 15% discount on 2017-2018 Premier Series performances. The Angelina Arts Alliance is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to present a wide array of diverse, quality performing arts, along with educational and family performances which collectively enrich, engage and educate
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Education2018.07.16Angelina College Receives Donation from Georgia-Pacific
- Health2018.07.16CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Volunteer Auxiliary Donates Valuable Equipment
- General2018.07.16Georgia-Pacific Employees Collect Shoes for Needy Angelina County Students
- Events2018.07.13Play for Fitness Event at the Public Library