Texas Forest Country Living released its first digital magazine today.
Filled with features about local heroes, people who inspire, the latest trends, local hotspots, and even how-to throw a dog birthday party, TFCL’s spring issue is the go-to spot for everything you need to know about East Texas.
“This magazine is created to connect the people and the places here in East Texas,” Editor-in-chief Misty Boggs said. “Our area is rich with ways to be, do and live life here in the Texas Forest Country and we can hardly wait to share that with our current followers and new readers.”
The bi-monthly magazine is set to be released the first Saturday of every other month with stories, events and photos to guide readers through the upcoming season.
“Our first issue is a taste of what is to come,” Managing Editor Megan Whitworth said. “Misty and I are traveling around East Texas, talking to our local neighbors and meeting strangers who have stories to tell. We are visiting the places that people need to know about. We want to share with the world what living in the Pineywoods is all about. Just keep watching, we have a lot in store.”
Whitworth said TFCL is looking for photography and writing contributors to serve as Lifestyle Ambassadors from the 12 counties the magazine serves: Angelina, Houston, Jasper, Nacogdoches, Newton, Polk, Sabine, San Augustine, San Jacinto, Shelby, Trinity and Tyler counties.
“Part of what makes this magazine so different is our commitment to partner with the people in this area to create lifestyle ambassadors,” Boggs said. “We are looking for folks who have a passion for this area and would like to help us connect people with what’s happening in their areas.”
Space is also available for advertisers who “want to partner with us in celebrating this area,” she added.
To inquire about advertising, Director of Sales Keith Elliott can be contacted at (936) 404-6608. For those interested in becoming a Lifestyle Ambassador, send an email to email@example.com.
“This area is full of history and culture with beautiful people making everyday life absolutely amazing,” Boggs said. “We look forward to sharing those stories with our readers, along with event guides that include activities for all 12 counties, as well as fashion tips, home ideas and so much more.”
- Megan Whitworth is the former creative director of Texas Forest Country Living. Growing up in East Texas, Megan discovered her love of writing at the age of 11, writing song lyrics and poetry, which turned into essays and articles for publications around East Texas. She later added photography into the mix capturing Friday night football games, the latest fashion looks, and portraits of people around the nation. Megan enjoys karaoke, blogging, reading, and road trips. She resides in Lufkin with her husband, Ryan, and two cats, Felix and Lucy.
- Community2017.04.03Transportation Commission Approves New Projects
- Community2017.04.03Lufkin District Projects Included in Long Range Plan
- Education2017.04.03Top Tips for Understanding and Paying Back Your Student Loans
- Education2017.04.03National Retirement Planning Week: Help Meet Your Retirement Income Goals