Texas Forestry Association (TFA) presented John Boyette, forester with the Texas A&M Forest Service, with the 2019 Make A Difference award during the organization’s annual conference held Oct. 16-18, 2019, at The Fredonia Hotel in Nacogdoches, Texas.
‘The award was started several years ago, and it is not one that is given every year,” said Jason Ellis, Chair of TFA’s Tree Farm Committee. “This year, however, we have a person who has been with us a long time and has accomplished so much for not only Tree Farm certification, but for the landowners he has served.”
Since 1992, Boyette has certified 26 new tree farms, decertified 28 tree farms, and recertified 125 tree farms. In addition, he has served as Area Chair for many years thus ensuring the work of the Tree Farm Committee and the requirements of the American Tree Farm System are carried out.
Boyette has received many Tree Farm inspector awards over the years, however, he has one significant legacy.
- Misty Boggs is the Creative Director at MSGPR. She lives in Angelina County and is pursuing her bachelor's degree in Public Relations and a minor in Creative Writing at Stephen F. Austin State University. Between studying and working, she enjoys teaching her niece and nephew the fine art of never growing old.
- Business2019.11.14Texas Forestry Association Announces Rep. Ernest Bailes as 2019 Legislator of the Year
- Business2019.11.11Texas Forestry Association Presents Outstanding Logger Award To Tommy Cunningham Logging
- Business2019.11.11Texas Forestry Association Announces J. Andrew And Susan Rice As 2019 Outstanding Tree Farmers Of The Year
- Business2019.11.11Texas Forestry Association Presents John Boyette With 2019 Make A Difference Award