Texas Forestry Association has named Marty Harris as the recipient for the Ed Wagoner Leadership Award at the Association’s annual convention held at The Fredonia Hotel in Nacogdoches, Texas on October 16-18, 2019.
“I am pleased to present this award to Marty. Over the years he has provided so much in the way of leadership, time, and personal attention to the success of Texas Forestry Association,” said Mike Bird, TFA President. “He is devoted to the committees he serves as well as to the future of Texas Forestry Association.”
Harris currently serves on the Administrative Committee, the TFA Executive Committee, as well as being the chair of the Texas Accredited Forester Council.
“Marty has also served on the planning team for TFA Annual Meetings for many years, and still does, and with his knowledge of current issues, Marty has brought in several professional speakers for these events,” said Bird.
Harris joined TFA in 1993, and although he is considered to be one of the “younger” generation of members, his accomplishments in the forest industry and his continued service to Texas Forestry Association does not go unrecognized. He was elected Vice President of TFA on October 16, 2019
- Misty Boggs is the Creative Director at MSGPR. She lives in Angelina County and is pursuing her bachelor's degree in Public Relations and a minor in Creative Writing at Stephen F. Austin State University. Between studying and working, she enjoys teaching her niece and nephew the fine art of never growing old.
- Business2019.11.14Texas Forestry Association Announces Rep. Ernest Bailes as 2019 Legislator of the Year
- Business2019.11.11Texas Forestry Association Presents Outstanding Logger Award To Tommy Cunningham Logging
- Business2019.11.11Texas Forestry Association Announces J. Andrew And Susan Rice As 2019 Outstanding Tree Farmers Of The Year
- Business2019.11.11Texas Forestry Association Presents John Boyette With 2019 Make A Difference Award