As the summer heat drags on and it gets harder to exercise outside, the Nacogdoches Public Library is offering an opportunity to come indoors and play in the cool. On Saturday, July 21st, the Nacogdoches Library and Community RX Help will be cohosting a Play for Fitness event in the gymnasium from 12-4pm. Fun play and fitness activities will be provided for all ages by local organizations, who will also provide door prizes for participants. Demonstrations of various fitness activities will be scheduled throughout the day, inviting audience participation.
Community RX Help is a local non-profit that helps people, with no prescription insurance get their needed medications at low or no cost. They are promoting this event
to raise awareness and to encourage healthy activity in all ages. Demonstrations of various fitness activities will be provided, with audience participation invited. Come try out some new ways to get fit and stay healthy.
Chair yoga- 12 noon (for those who cannot get down to the floor)
Basic Aikido-Self-Defense Throws and Kata- 1 pm and 2:30pm
Tai Chi – 2pm
Other activities will include:
Bicycle course and inspections
Beach ball volley ball
Personal fitness training
Tons of activities for kids
Our Gold Sponsor for this event is NIBCO, a local company with a long history of investing in the health and welfare of the Nacogdoches community. We are grateful toour additional sponsors, Fitness 360, Commercial Bank of Texas, Texas Aikido, Wells Fargo and Nacogdoches Physical Excellence Center, for their commitment to a healthy community.
This event is free and open to all ages. No registration required. For more information,
please call 936-559-2970 or visit www.ci.nacogdoches.tx.us/library. The library is on
Facebook as NacogdochesPublicLibrary and on Instagram as nacpubliclibrary.
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Events2018.07.17Mark Your Calendar for Power of Pink!
- Education2018.07.16Angelina College Receives Donation from Georgia-Pacific
- Health2018.07.16CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Volunteer Auxiliary Donates Valuable Equipment
- General2018.07.16Georgia-Pacific Employees Collect Shoes for Needy Angelina County Students