Each year, more and more older adults are making a positive impact in and around Deep East Texas. As volunteers, employees, employers, educators, mentors, and advocates they offer insight and experience that benefit the entire community. For 56 years Older Americans Month has recognized the contributions of the growing Older Americans population.
On May 16, 2019 Deep East Texas Area Agency on Aging will celebrate Older Americans Month at the Pitser Garrison Convention Center in Lufkin, TX. The day will include a health fair, “42”, bingo, entertainment, and lunch. This year’s Older American Month theme is “Connect, Create, Contribute”, which we believe encourages older adults and their communities to:
• Connect with friends, family, and local services and resources.
• Create through activities that promote learning, health, and personal enrichment.
• Contribute time, talent, and life experience to benefit others.
We’re inviting you to come and share this fun filled day with Seniors from the DETCOG 12 County region. We encourage you to come participate; there will be information on public benefits, Medicare, and community and health programs at the health fair.
DETCOG Area Agency on Aging would like to thank Cigna, Dolphin Printing, Brookshire Brothers, Coca Cola, Deppisch Law Firm, and the Aging and Disability Resource Center of Deep East Texas for sponsoring Mayfest 2019. Your contribution is greatly appreciated.
Communities that support and recognize older adults are stronger! Join us in strengthening our community.
Mayfest 2019 Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:00 A.M. – 2:00 P.M. Pitser Garrison Lufkin Convention Center 601 N. 2nd Street Lufkin, TX 75901
For information Call Area Agency on Aging @ 409-384-7614.
- Arts & Culture2019.05.22Campfire Bash at the Texas Forestry Museum
- Government2019.05.21Fiscal Notes: Emergency Management in Texas
- Community2019.05.21Riley Latham of Lufkin Wins 2019 Georgia-Pacific College Scholarship
- Education2019.05.21East Texas Communities Foundation Awards Over $240,000 in Scholarships