Nacogdoches – At the Texas Municipal League (TML) Region 15 meeting in Nacogdoches on January 18, Nacogdoches Mayor Shelley Brophy was elected to serve on the TML Board of Directors.
Mayor Brophy was elected to a two-year term representing TML Region 15. The region covers 23 counties in East Texas and is made up of 128 member cities. Mayor Brophy’s role on the TML Board is to represent the region’s interests.
Brophy is currently Mayor of Nacogdoches after having served four terms as a member of City Council. An accomplished chef and former restaurateur, she now owns Brophy Coaching, offering health and wellness, life, and executive coaching services. Currently, she serves on the Nacogdoches County Appraisal District Board, the Deep East Texas Council of Governments Board, the Stephen F. Austin State University School of Music Board, the Hospice of Deep East Texas Board, and is a member of the Nacogdoches County Chamber of Commerce.
TML is a voluntary association of cities that was organized in 1913 and represents 98% of Texas’ urban population through its 1,156 member cities. Guided by its purpose statement – Empowering Texas cities to serve their citizens-the League helps city leaders meet the ever-changing challenges of governance.
The League is governed by a Board of Directors made up of:
*president and president-elect;
*regional directors, one from each of the League’s 15 sub-state regions;
* affiliate directors, one from each of the League’s 21 affiliates;
* eight at-large directors, one from each of the state’s largest cities;
* all past presidents still in municipal office; and
* two ex officio directors, one from each of the TML risk pools.
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Events2018.06.18Wildlife on the Move: The Unhuggables at the Public Library
- General2018.06.12Georgia-Pacific’s Corrigan Plywood Facility is Home to Some of the First Robots in Wood Manufacturing Industry
- Events2018.06.07Dance Party Kids Program at the Library
- Events2018.06.06ReadSquared Online Reading Tracking System at the Library