(NACOGDOCHES, TX) – The Nacogdoches Animal Shelter is looking to improve the customer service experience for adopting families by decreasing current operating hours. Currently the Animal Shelter is open Monday through Friday 12:00 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. and Saturday from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Beginning September 1, 2017, the new hours will reflect the shelter being closed on Saturday.
“We have a small staff and closing on Saturdays will allow us to have more people at the shelter to help customers during the week,” Theresa Jordan, Animal Services Manager said. “In looking at historical adoption data, we have very few adoptions take place on Saturday so this allows us to have more people and faster service during the week when most adoptions are taking place.”
Currently, animal surrenders do not take place on Saturdays. The shelter will continue to accept surrenders Monday through Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The shelter also is maintaining the hours of current animal control officers who remain on call during the weekend.
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Events2018.06.18Wildlife on the Move: The Unhuggables at the Public Library
- General2018.06.12Georgia-Pacific’s Corrigan Plywood Facility is Home to Some of the First Robots in Wood Manufacturing Industry
- Events2018.06.07Dance Party Kids Program at the Library
- Events2018.06.06ReadSquared Online Reading Tracking System at the Library