LUFKIN, TX. The Angelina Arts Alliance is thrilled to announce a special concert as part of its annual Family
Funday Series. Hot Peas ‘N Butter will perform at the Temple Theater on the Angelina College Campus on
Sunday, June 3, 2018 at 2 p.m.
Hot Peas ‘N Butter is an exciting, multicultural children’s band that has quickly built a devoted following.
Created by Danny Lapidus and Francisco Cotto, these lifelong friends from New York City have combined
their talents to bring an innovative, energetic and interactive musical style on stage. Incorporating 5 languages
(English, Spanish, French, Korean and Hebrew) into their performances, Hot Peas ‘N Butter uses elements of
traditional Latin music, Afro-Caribbean rhythms, jazz, folk, and rock, bringing fans to their feet. With hit videos
like “Number 1” and “Deep Down” being featured on Nickelodeon and Noggin, Hot Peas ‘N Butter are
quickly becoming a family favorite! They are mainstays on Sirius Radio’s “Kids Stuff,” and XMKids, and
proud recipients of the 2006, 2008, 2009 and 2012 Parent’s Choice Awards. The latest release from Hot Peas
‘N Butter, “Graduation Day” featuring the prophetic Tabitha Fair, is slated to be the go-to preschool
and kindergarten graduation anthem. Positive lyrics like “we all believe this is our time to shine!” and “we were
a spark now we’re ablaze and this is how we’ll stay, no stopping us, no way!” prove Hot Peas ‘N Butter has
mastered the art of catchy tunes and memorable lyrics. With a release date of May 14th, “Graduation Day”
comes just in time for the momentous occasion!
“We believe that learning and having fun go hand-in-hand and we’re thrilled to be able to bring this caliber of
family programming to East Texas. We hope everyone will bring their kids and grandkids to this fun and
educational show that all ages will enjoy,” said Jennifer Allen, Executive Director of the Angelina Arts
Alliance. A study guide is available on the Angelina Arts Alliance website and upon request.
General admission tickets are on sale now, priced at $5 for kids and $10 for adults. Tickets can be purchased at
the Temple Theater box office. For more information about Hot Peas ‘N Butter visit the Angelina Arts Alliance
website at www.angelinaarts.org.
This performance is made possible through the generous support of the T.L.L. Temple Foundation.
The Angelina Arts Alliance is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to present a wide array of
diverse, quality performing arts, along with educational and family performances which collectively enrich,
engage and educate the community.
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Events2018.06.18Wildlife on the Move: The Unhuggables at the Public Library
- General2018.06.12Georgia-Pacific’s Corrigan Plywood Facility is Home to Some of the First Robots in Wood Manufacturing Industry
- Events2018.06.07Dance Party Kids Program at the Library
- Events2018.06.06ReadSquared Online Reading Tracking System at the Library