The Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation (TSAHC) has informed State Representative James White that nonprofits providing critical home repairs and other housing assistance to low-income Texas families affected by Hurricane Harvey now have a second chance to apply for grants to accelerate their work. This opportunity, made possible by generous donations from the Center for Disaster Philanthropy and The Meadows Foundation, comes just days after the awarding of 14 initial grants totaling $500,000 for recovery projects
“I am extremely thankful to the Meadows Foundation and the Center for Disaster Philanthropy for their contribution in helping more nonprofits provide assistance to those heavily impacted by
Hurricane Harvey,” said Rep. White. “On behalf of my constituents in House District 19, I thank the TSAHC for working to extend the life of the HEART (Housing and Economic Assistance to Rebuild Texas) Program and its continued funding.”
Information about eligibility and the application process can be found at: http://www.tsahc.org/nonprofits-local-governments/heart-grantees. Please contact Michael Wilt with the Texas State Affordable Housing Corporation at 512-699-3836 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or questions regarding the grants available.
Please do not hesitate to contact either Saul Mendoza, Chief of Staff with questions regarding this release at 512-463-0490.
- James White is a Texas State Representative for Hardin, Jasper, Newton, Polk, and Tyler counties. He graduated with a doctorate in political science from the University of Houston. White served in the U.S. Army and worked as a public school educator and coach before being elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 2010. During his time as a Representative, White has worked on issues such as taxes, school funding, mental health, and more. He maintains a cattle ranch in Tyler County, attends Hillister Baptist Church, and is a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, and the Texas Farm Bureau.
- Government2018.09.11Chairman White Urges SBOE to Maintain the Heroism of the Alamo Defenders in School Curricula
- General2018.08.21HEART Program Reopens Grant Applications for Hurricane Harvey Housing Recovery Projects, Announces 14 Initial Awards
- General2018.06.13Chairman James White to Host a Town Hall with TCEQ in Tyler County
- General2018.06.07Women Veterans Day on June 12th, 2018