The Judy B. McDonald Public Library invites the community to Family Game Night on Friday, April 1st at 6:00 p.m. This afterhours event will transform the library for a family-friendly evening of fun including life-sized board games, indoor mini-golf, Jeopardy and more. “The library is dedicated to holding events that appeal to a wide audience,” says Crystal Hicks, assistant library director. “Family Game Night has something for everyone, both children and adults.” Light refreshments will be served. The event is free and no registration is required. Please call 936-559-2970 for more information.
The Judy B. McDonald Public Library invites community members of all ages to join in Tabletop Games with the next meet-up on Monday, April 4th at 5:30 p.m. Tabletop Gaming is an age-old communal and family activity, and there are many new and exciting games to challenge all skill levels.
Join old friends or new for a gaming evening with such favorites as Forbidden Island, Ticket to Ride, King of Tokyo, Munchkin, Settlers of Catan and more for teens and adults. Younger kids can play Apples to Apples, Clue, Monopoly or any of the other games the library provides. If you have a game, but you’d like to find new challengers, feel free to bring it along. Gamers will meet on the first Monday of each month this spring. The event is free and there is no registration required.
The Friends of the Library are on Facebook (as Judy B. McDonald Public Library) and Twitter (as @friendsofnacpl).
- Misty Boggs is the Creative Director at MSGPR. She lives in Angelina County and is pursuing her bachelor's degree in Public Relations and a minor in Creative Writing at Stephen F. Austin State University. Between studying and working, she enjoys teaching her niece and nephew the fine art of never growing old.
- Home Ideas2019.01.07The Verdict Is In: These 5 Home Design Ideas Will be Trending in 2019
- Food2019.01.034 Simple Tips for Blending a Better-For-You Smoothie
- General2018.12.27Tell 2018 to Take a Hike with a First Day Hike at a Texas State Park
- General2018.12.13DETCOG to Hold Annual Board of Directors Christmas Luncheon