(Nacogdoches, TX) – The 5th Annual Día de los Muertos Fiesta will be held in Downtown Nacogdoches on Saturday, November 4th from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The Nacogdoches Public Library is partnering with the SFA Art Galleries and Cole Art Center to present this year’s event which will be held on the downtown square around the Convention and Visitors Bureau. Organizers are inviting businesses, organizations, and other groups to register to participate, and forms will be available at the Nacogdoches Public Library at 1112 North Street and at the Cole Art Center at 329 East Main Street. “This event has become a local treasure thanks to the passion and hard work of John Handley and Alisa Steed at the Cole Art Center, and we’re so pleased with this year’s new location on the square,” says Crystal Hicks, assistant library director. “We welcome a variety of vendors and activity stations, and there will be plenty of entertainment, including a costume contest.” Proceeds from the event will benefit the Friends of the Nacogdoches Public Library. For more information, please call the library at 936-559-2970 or the Cole at 936-468-5500.
- Misty graduated from Angelina College in May 2012 after serving two semesters as editor and co-editor for the college newspaper. Looking for an outlet to put her experience and degree to work, she joined MSGPR as an intern for LufkinPantherSports.com, covering everything from swim meets to football games. She has also written on a variety of other topics, fulfilling a desire to help clients’ creatively communicate with their community while at MSGPR. In 2014, she became editor for Texas Forest Country Living.
- Education2017.10.06ANGELINA ARTS ALLIANCE RECEIVES STATE GRANT Texas Commission on the Arts Names 2018 Grant Recipients!
- Events2017.10.04One Book, One City Event Deal Me In: A Night at the Stone Fort Saloon
- Events2017.10.02Día de los Muertos Fiesta in Downtown Nacogdoches
- Events2017.09.27One Book, One City- True Grit Roundtable at the Public Library