LUFKIN – Texas Transportation Commissioners recently approved more than $402.1 million for new construction projects statewide, with nearly $14 million approved for the Lufkin District.
Two projects were approved in the Lufkin District for $10.9 million and $2.9 million. The projects are designed to resurface the roadway with sealcoat throughout the nine-county district. Work is scheduled from May to August, 2019.
Newman & Keng Paving Co., Inc, Giddings, TX will serve as contractors for the $2.9 million contract, and Missouri Petroleum Products Company LLC, Mountain View, MO will serve as contractor for the $10.9 million contract.
As these projects begin, motorists are urged to stay alert and respect all work zones and traffic control devices. For information on current projects, road closures and conditions statewide, visit drivetexas.org.
For more information on these and other Lufkin District projects, contact Rhonda.Oaks@txdot.gov or (936) 633-4395.
- Misty Boggs is the Creative Director at MSGPR. She lives in Angelina County and is pursuing her bachelor's degree in Public Relations and a minor in Creative Writing at Stephen F. Austin State University. Between studying and working, she enjoys teaching her niece and nephew the fine art of never growing old.
- Government2019.03.15My Five Cents: Supplemental Budget, School Finance and Disaster Relief
- Home Ideas2019.01.07The Verdict Is In: These 5 Home Design Ideas Will be Trending in 2019
- Food2019.01.034 Simple Tips for Blending a Better-For-You Smoothie
- General2018.12.27Tell 2018 to Take a Hike with a First Day Hike at a Texas State Park