On Wednesday, April 27th come explore life in sawmill town. The tour will begin at the Texas Forestry Museum in Lufkin. Attendees will then travel to the Southern Forest Heritage Museum in Longleaf, Louisiana. They will be able to tour an early 20th century sawmill complex that includes a collection of steam-powered logging and milling equipment. It’s a very unique opportunity due to the mill being the oldest complete sawmill facility in the South.
Participants will be driven to the Southern Forest Heritage Museum in vans provided by the Texas Forestry Museum. Walking is necessary and appropriate shoes are required. Bring your own lunch; drinks will be provided. This historic tour costs $35 and museum members will receive a $10 discount. There is limited availablity and pre-registration is necessary. The last day to register will be Monday, April 25th.
Pick up registration forms at the Texas Forestry Museum, 1905 Atkinson Drive in Lufkin, or call 936-632-9535 to request forms to be emailed.
- Misty graduated from Angelina College in May 2012 after serving two semesters as editor and co-editor for the college newspaper. Looking for an outlet to put her experience and degree to work, she joined MSGPR as an intern for LufkinPantherSports.com, covering everything from swim meets to football games. She has also written on a variety of other topics, fulfilling a desire to help clients’ creatively communicate with their community while at MSGPR. In 2014, she became editor for Texas Forest Country Living.
- Events2017.11.20Holiday at the Museum
- Education2017.10.06ANGELINA ARTS ALLIANCE RECEIVES STATE GRANT Texas Commission on the Arts Names 2018 Grant Recipients!
- Events2017.10.04One Book, One City Event Deal Me In: A Night at the Stone Fort Saloon
- Events2017.10.02Día de los Muertos Fiesta in Downtown Nacogdoches