(Austin, TX) – The College Board is offering a free October SAT registration, and a College Scholarship Services (CSS) Profile fee waiver to students affected by Hurricane Harvey.
The free October SAT registration and CSS Profile fee waiver are for students who are experiencing hardship and/or displacement due to the hurricane and are in an area designated by FEMA.
Students who are registered for the October SAT should call Customer Service to receive a refund of their registration and late fee. Students can register and contact Customer Service through September 27.
For the CSS Profile fee waiver, students should go to www.cssprofile.org, complete their application, and the system will automatically apply eligibility rules.
“I am thankful to the College Board for providing this relief to Southeast Texas students and their families during this time. This help will allow citizens to focus on providing shelter and food for their families and community, without jeopardizing higher education opportunities for young Southeast Texans,” said State Representative James White.
Additional information may be found at: https://pages.collegeboard.org/announcement-forhurricane-harvey-impacted-students?affiliateId=00670-780&bannereId=pages-cms-learn_more.
Please note that the deadline for the October 7th SAT waiver is on September 27th.
Please do not hesitate to contact either Saul Mendoza, Chief of Staff, or Shawn Dunn, District Director, with questions regarding this release at 512-463-0490 or 409-283-3700.
- James White is a Texas State Representative for Hardin, Jasper, Newton, Polk, and Tyler counties. He graduated with a doctorate in political science from the University of Houston. White served in the U.S. Army and worked as a public school educator and coach before being elected to the Texas House of Representatives in 2010. During his time as a Representative, White has worked on issues such as taxes, school funding, mental health, and more. He maintains a cattle ranch in Tyler County, attends Hillister Baptist Church, and is a member of the Veterans of Foreign Wars, American Legion, and the Texas Farm Bureau.
- General2018.03.20Post-Harvey Hazard & Flood Mitigation Funding
- General2018.01.12Southeast Texas Transportation Improvement Projects Update
- Education2017.09.20Rep. White Announces Start of 2017-2018 High School Aerospace Scholars Project
- Education2017.09.19The College Board Offers Fee Waivers to Students Affected by Hurricane Harvey