Introducing NacChat

City of Nacogdoches is excited to announce the official launch of their new podcast, NacChat. Hosted by Communications/Main Street Director, Amy Mehaffey, NacChat is a pre-recorded series which features a new guest every show. These guests...

AC Jazz Band Concert Features Shelley Carrol

Saxophonist Shelley Carrol says that music has to be shared to truly be enjoyed, and he’ll have his chance to do so at the March 2 jazz concert/high school jazz festival at Angelina College. Carrol...

Lawmakers Take Action to Derail Bullet Train between Dallas and Houston

Today, a group of key state lawmakers filed a slate of legislation to push back against Texas Central Railway's controversial proposal to construct a high-speed rail line between Dallas and Houston. Senators Birdwell (R-Granbury),...

Living the Fit Life: SMART Goals

Let’s start this week with a blast from the past: Benjamin Franklin once said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.” I love this quote. It’s witty, but a tad sarcastic, as...

Food Truck Fest Set for Tomorrow

Come one, come all to the first ever Food Truck Fest tomorrow evening at Angelina College from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Popular local food trucks such as Area Lakes Catfish and Seafood, Food Lady...

Update from Angelina College

Angelina College Hosting Adjunct Opportunity Fair for All Locations  Angelina College is hosting an adjunct opportunity fair Feb. 28 from 5:30 to 8 p.m. in the AC cafeteria. Those wishing to apply for part-time teaching...

My Trip to the Zoo

As soon as I saw the sun was out and the temperatures were cool, I knew exactly what I needed: a trip to Ellen Trout Zoo in Lufkin with my husband, Ryan - our...

AC’s Smith-Hutson Scholars Kick Off Semester

The Smith-Hutson scholarship program at Angelina College hosted its biannual scholarship reception on Monday, Feb. 13. Twenty-six AC students from a variety of majors including health careers, welding and business currently receive the scholarship. These...

Rep. Ashby Files Legislation Removing Fee for Firefighters

State Representative Trent Ashby (R -Lufkin) has filed legislation that would remove the fee associated with hunting and fishing licenses for Texas' volunteer firefighters. House Bill 2013 would amend the Parks and Wildlife Code for...

Central Texas Now Has an Airtanker Base to Help Fight Wildfires

Texas A&M University System Chancellor John Sharp joined State Rep. John Cyrier and officials with the Texas A&M Forest Service on Thursday unveiled the newly established Austin Airtanker Base at the Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. The...