LUFKIN, TEXAS (September 27, 2017)… During Breast Cancer Awareness Month, CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Lufkin and the Volunteer Auxiliary are partnering with some unlikely accomplices to prove that breast cancer is for the birds.
The flock of bright pink flamingos is in front of the hospital again this year. They are ready to spread their wings and find a new home to help get the word out about early detection and the importance of regular mammograms.
You can show your support for breast cancer awareness by purchasing a flamingo for just $15. All proceeds benefit indigent cancer patients at the Temple Cancer Center with transportation, prescription drugs and overnight accommodations.
A special drive-thru event will be hosted on September 29 from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in front of the hospital, making your flamingo purchase easier than ever. Drive to the hospital’s main entrance, and we will hand pick a bird for you. Three lucky flamingo owners will win tickets to this year’s Power of Pink! luncheon. You can purchase a pink flamingo throughout the month of October by visiting the CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Lufkin Gift Shop.
Cash, check and all major credit cards are accepted. When you take your pink flamingo home or to work, be sure to share pictures on social media with #BC4TheBirds.
- Misty Boggs is the Creative Director at MSGPR. She lives in Angelina County and is pursuing her bachelor's degree in Public Relations and a minor in Creative Writing at Stephen F. Austin State University. Between studying and working, she enjoys teaching her niece and nephew the fine art of never growing old.
- General2018.12.13DETCOG to Hold Annual Board of Directors Christmas Luncheon
- General2018.12.13Don’t Get Snowed Under This Christmas: Tips to Spend Wisely
- General2018.12.11AC holding Pinning Ceremony Dec. 12 for Vocational Nursing Students
- General2018.12.11Angelina County Volunteer Master Gardeners now accepting applications for 2019 class