LUFKIN, TX. The Angelina Arts Alliance is proud to announce that it is has been awarded an Arts Create grant from the Texas Commission on the Arts for the first time. The grant amount is $12,000 and must be matched by the Angelina Arts Alliance.
The Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA) has approved funding of 778 grants in its first funding round for fiscal year 2018. The grants total over $4 million and will go to nonprofits in 122 cities. These grants include all
of the Arts Create program grants, the first two funding rounds for the Arts Respond Project program, the quarterly Arts Respond Performance Support program and the quarterly Commission Initiatives and Designated Funding category.
“We are pleased to be able to provide support for so many quality arts activities across the state,” said Gary Gibbs, executive director of TCA. “The substantial work that our grantees are doing not only advances the arts in Texas, but provides valuable art experiences to Texans in rural communities, schools, hospitals, social service settings, and more.”
The Arts Create grants provide year-round operational support to Texas arts organizations with budgets over $50,000. For fiscal year 2018, 378 Arts Create grants totaling over $3 million are allocated to 378 organizations in 75 Texas cities. “State funding of the arts is essential to the success of the Angelina Arts Alliance in order to deliver quality programs to the public. It’s essential to Lufkin as well since the arts are proven to be drivers of economic development and tourism,” said Jennifer Allen, Executive Director of the Angelina Arts Alliance.
The mission of the Texas Commission on the Arts (TCA) is to advance our state economically and culturally by investing in a creative Texas. TCA supports a diverse and innovative arts community in Texas, throughout the nation and internationally by providing resources to enhance economic development, arts education, cultural
tourism and artist sustainability initiatives. For more information on TCA and its programs, please visit www.arts.texas.gov.
The Angelina Arts Alliance is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to present a wide array of diverse, quality performing arts, along with educational and family performances which collectively enrich, engage and educate the community.
- Misty graduated from Angelina College in May 2012 after serving two semesters as editor and co-editor for the college newspaper. Looking for an outlet to put her experience and degree to work, she joined MSGPR as an intern for LufkinPantherSports.com, covering everything from swim meets to football games. She has also written on a variety of other topics, fulfilling a desire to help clients’ creatively communicate with their community while at MSGPR. In 2014, she became editor for Texas Forest Country Living.
- Education2017.10.06ANGELINA ARTS ALLIANCE RECEIVES STATE GRANT Texas Commission on the Arts Names 2018 Grant Recipients!
- Events2017.10.04One Book, One City Event Deal Me In: A Night at the Stone Fort Saloon
- Events2017.10.02Día de los Muertos Fiesta in Downtown Nacogdoches
- Events2017.09.27One Book, One City- True Grit Roundtable at the Public Library