Weather not so nice today? It can be easy to feel restless when you’re spending the day indoors.
But there are plenty of ways to have fun at home. From redecorating to catching up on your favorite book, the discount experts at Dollar General are sharing some time-tested ideas for occupying your time in the “great indoors.”
Reorganize and Redecorate
Spend an afternoon organizing and adding personal touches to the rooms that your family enjoys the most. It can be a faster and more enjoyable task than you might think, if you are properly prepared.
Consider purchasing affordable, decorative baskets to hold papers, toys, books and other items that can clutter your home. Once organized, you can add accent pillows and decorative accessories like lamps, throws and pictures to complete the look.
Instead of making a trip to the movie theater, bring the movie theater home — complete with all the trimmings. Gather some of your favorite movies, snacks and candies for your own little film festival. Consider sticking to a theme, like a favorite actor, genre or era. This is a great way to spend time indoors with family and friends.
Snack smart by looking for money-saving coupons. You can find great deals by downloading Dollar General digital coupons online at dollargeneral.com/coupons or through the Dollar General mobile app for smartphones. Digital coupons are an easy way to save on favorite items.
Catch Up On Reading
Spend a relaxing afternoon checking off books on your “must read” list. Set up a quiet, comfortable space for reading and be sure to leave your smartphone in another room, so you won’t be tempted by interruptions. Make it a group activity by creating reading challenges between those in your family or even joining a book club.
Whether curled up with a book or hosting friends for a movie extravaganza, never underestimate the fun you can have indoors.
- Megan Whitworth is the former creative director of Texas Forest Country Living. Growing up in East Texas, Megan discovered her love of writing at the age of 11, writing song lyrics and poetry, which turned into essays and articles for publications around East Texas. She later added photography into the mix capturing Friday night football games, the latest fashion looks, and portraits of people around the nation. Megan enjoys karaoke, blogging, reading, and road trips. She resides in Lufkin with her husband, Ryan, and two cats, Felix and Lucy.
- Community2017.04.03Transportation Commission Approves New Projects
- Community2017.04.03Lufkin District Projects Included in Long Range Plan
- Education2017.04.03Top Tips for Understanding and Paying Back Your Student Loans
- Education2017.04.03National Retirement Planning Week: Help Meet Your Retirement Income Goals