The Deep East Texas Council of Governments is soliciting public review and comment on the proposed revisions to the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program’s Administrative Plan in compliance with Quality Housing and Work Responsibility Act of 1998 (QHWRA), the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Rule (24 CFR Part 903 and 982.54), and Public and Indian Housing (PIH) Notice 2000-43. The proposed Administrative Plan will be available for public review for a period of 45 days beginning Monday, July 9, 2018 and commencing on Thursday, August 23, 2018.
The Administrative Plan establishes local policies for administration of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program in accordance with HUD requirements. The Administrative Plan, and any revisions to the Plan, have been reviewed by the Resident Advisory Board and the Housing Advisory Committee and must be formally adopted by the PHA Board of Commissioners or other authorized PHA officials.
The proposed revision to the Administrative Plan for the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program is available for review at the Deep East Texas Council of Governments, 210 Premier Dr., Jasper, Texas, between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. The proposed plan is also available for review at the Deep East Texas Council of Governments’ Housing Department website, http://www.dethousing.org.
Written comments should be addressed to Housing Director, Deep East Texas Regional Housing Authority, 210 Premier Dr., Jasper, Texas 75951. Email comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Public Housing Authority will also consider the proposed revisions to the Administrative Plan at a public hearing of the Deep East Texas Council of Governments on the last day of the public notice. All interested agencies, groups or individuals who wish to be heard on this matter are invited to attend this public hearing at noon on August 23, 2018 at Camp Cullen, 460 Cullen Loop, Trinity, Texas 75862.
- Ezra McMullin graduated high school and decided it was time to get to work. Initially, he worked for his grandparents at Huntington Market & Deli or better known as Dean’s in the area. He transition to working as an office clerk in a law firm before making the move to MSGPR as a videographer and content manager. It was an easy switch fueled by passions he pursued in his free time, where he watches plenty of Youtube, and spurred an interest in the video editing world. He's putting passion to work, learning how to shoot and edit videos, and says it’s a lot more fun than he expected. He is studying at Angelina College and enjoys playing golf, hanging with friends and his girlfriend, and staying up past 3am playing X Box telling himself he'll just play one more level before bed.
- Events2018.07.17Mark Your Calendar for Power of Pink!
- Education2018.07.16Angelina College Receives Donation from Georgia-Pacific
- Health2018.07.16CHI St. Luke’s Health-Memorial Volunteer Auxiliary Donates Valuable Equipment
- General2018.07.16Georgia-Pacific Employees Collect Shoes for Needy Angelina County Students